Date: Thursday 29th February
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
About the workshop:
New to dressmaking, need a refresher or wonder where you are going wrong? Why not come to our understanding dress pattern workshop.
During this all day workshop you will be taken through step by step what the instructions mean; how to measure correctly, how to successfully lay and cut your pieces and what some of the key terminology means. We will then work through a series of steps to create a simple skirt or top.
Who is the workshop suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for all levels, although some experience in using a sewing machine is preferable – if you can sew a straight line, you will be able to complete this project.
What's included in the workshop:
We will provide you with a simple pattern to follow but you will need to bring your own fabric to complete this project. We will contact you nearer the time to let you know the choices and how much fabric etc to get.
We also provide refreshments to enjoy throughout the workshop, if you have an allergies we should be aware of, please let us know when booking your place.
What you will need to bring:
- Main fabric
- A basic sewing kit including a tape measure, scissors, pins
- A sewing machine (we can loan if necessary, just contact us to let us know you need to borrow a machine.)
- A packed lunch (alternatively we have a deli opposite the shop and Tesco next door should you want to pop out)
Due to the nature of our workshops and the very limited places, we have a strict refund policy. We ask you to check your diary carefully before booking a class.
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days before the workshop date you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before the workshop date you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel with less than 14 days until the workshop date you will not receive a refund.
- If you find you are unable to attend one of our workshops, you may of course send someone in your place. Please let us know that person’s name before the workshop so we may welcome them to the class.
As a courtesy, we will re-advertise your place in the shop and online. There is no guarantee it will sell, but if it does, we will issue you a refund or credit. You may use this towards booking another workshop. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop, we’ll attempt to give you as much warning as possible. We will happily refund your payment or transfer you to a workshop of the same price – your choice.