Ever wanted to learn how to make your own upholstered footstool. On this course, you will learn how to create a small mid-century style footstool using modern upholstery techniques, that you can choose from should you wish to add them to your stool.
Date: 23rd March
Time: 10.30am - 4pm
*Please note that some arm/ hand strength is a benefit for this workshop as fabrics will need to be applied under pressue and can put pressure on hands in particular.
What's included in the course:
This course is suitable for beginners or those with some basic upholstery experience.
The skills you can expect to learn are; webbing, using tacks to attach hessian, cutting and securing foam, using fabric and trimmings to cover and finish.
The stool will measure approximately 75cm x 35cm x 50cm - should you want a different size stool we can arrange this if you contact us prior to the workshop (there will be additional charge dependent on the size increase)
We provide all the equipment and inner materials you will need.
We also provide refreshments to enjoy throughout the workshop, if you have an allergies we should be aware of, please let us know when booking your place.
What you will need to bring:
- A piece of upholstery fabric measuring 140cm x 100cm.
- A staple gun if you have one (optional)
- A packed lunch (alternatively we have a deli opposite the shop and Tesco next door should you want to pop out)
Due to the nature of our workshops and the very limited places, we have a strict refund policy. We ask you to check your diary carefully before booking a class.
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days before the workshop date you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before the workshop date you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel with less than 14 days until the workshop date you will not receive a refund.
- If you find you are unable to attend one of our workshops, you may of course send someone in your place. Please let us know that person’s name before the workshop so we may welcome them to the class.
As a courtesy, we will re-advertise your place in the shop and online. There is no guarantee it will sell, but if it does, we will issue you a refund or credit. You may use this towards booking another workshop. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop, we’ll attempt to give you as much warning as possible. We will happily refund your payment or transfer you to a workshop of the same price – your choice.