Date: 11th Apri 2024
Time: 10.15am – 3.30pm
About the workshop:
Our freehand embroidery workshop is a fun filled day that will allow you to explore the technique of drawing with your sewing machine whilst creating a beautiful one off, piece of art cushion for the house. You will work with some gorgeous fabrics to create a stylized version of your pet using freemotion embroidery. You will then get to make your piece into a simple envelope back, cushion cover.
During the workshop you will learn about how to set your machine up, understand your machine tension and other key tips to keep your machine happy whilst working freehand. We will start with a starter activity which enable you to build your confidence and skill around working the fabric in the machine to create different textures and lines. We will then move on to designing your cushion cover that will be worked on throughout the day.
Who is the workshop suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for all levels, although some experience in using a sewing machine is preferable
What's included in the course:
There will be some templates and inspiration available to help inspire your creative ideas alongside a range of fabrics to fill in some of the shapes further.
All the materials and tools are provided for this course.
We also provide cake and refreshments to enjoy throughout the day, if you have an allergies we should be aware of, please let us know when booking your place.
What you will need to bring:
- A sewing machine (we can loan if necessary, just contact us to let us know you need to borrow a machine.)
- A packed lunch (alternatively we have a deli opposite the shop and Tesco next door should you want to pop out)
- You will need to provide your own sewing machine and basic sewing kit.
- You will also ideally need a “darning” foot for your machine. We can advise on these and can loan if necessary.
- If you have fabrics you wish to include in your design please feel free to bring them (optional)
Due to the nature of our workshops and the very limited places, we have a strict refund policy. We ask you to check your diary carefully before booking a class.
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days before the workshop date you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your booking more than 14 days before the workshop date you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel with less than 14 days until the workshop date you will not receive a refund.
- If you find you are unable to attend one of our workshops, you may of course send someone in your place. Please let us know that person’s name before the workshop so we may welcome them to the class.
As a courtesy, we will re-advertise your place in the shop and online. There is no guarantee it will sell, but if it does, we will issue you a refund or credit. You may use this towards booking another workshop. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop, we’ll attempt to give you as much warning as possible. We will happily refund your payment or transfer you to a workshop of the same price – your choice.